Agricultural insurance – insurance of crops, fruits, and animals
The farm insurance package provides broad insurance coverage, i.e protection against a large number of risks and dangers to which we are exposed daily. You decide, according to your needs, from which risks you will protect yourself.
Farm insurance includes the following group of insurance:
- property insurance against fire
- insurance – a package of combined insurance for housing and household items
- crop insurance
- auto hull insurance of vehicles and working machines
- accident insurance
- animal insurance
Crop and fruit insurance
The package includes insurance for cereals, as well as insurance for vines and insurance for certain vegetable crops. When insuring crops, all areas under the same crop must be insured.
Loss of yield or yield is insured against the following hazards:
- hail, fire, and lightning strike (basic risk)
- storm (additional risk)
The value at which crops and fruits are insured is the value determined by the expected yield (kg/ha) and the estimated wholesale market price.
The package includes insurance for cattle (cows, bulls, calves). The condition is that the animals are healthy and fit for a certain purpose and that they are properly marked under the applicable legal regulations for identification.
By ensuring animals can be protected from:
- forced slaughter or forced killing due to an accident or illness
The value at which the animals are insured is the amount of insurance that is determined based on the weight of the animal (live weight) and the price per kilogram.
Following the new Law on Pension and Disability Insurance, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, and Water Management has prepared a Rulebook on performing the agricultural activity as the only or main occupation, which was published in the Official Gazette of the Republic of Montenegro No. 25.
The Rulebook defines who can engage in agriculture as the only or main occupation and determines the necessary documentation to be submitted to the Ministry for entry in the Register of Farmers, ie for determining the status of insured farmers.
This means that every person, who is engaged in agriculture as his main occupation, is unemployed, and is not older than 50 or 45 years for women (if insured for the first time) can apply to the Ministry for registration, ie for exercising the right to pension and invalid insurance.
The necessary documentation to be submitted to the Ministry is the following:
- request with detailed data on what the applicant is dealing with, the exact address and telephone number
- birth certificate or photocopy of ID card
- Medical certificate
- Certificate of residence – Certificate from the municipal agricultural service that the applicant is engaged in agriculture as the only or main occupation – Proof that he is unemployed After reviewing the submitted documentation, the Ministry issues a decision on PIO, and the Directorate of Public Revenues calculates contributions quarterly and delivers decisions on payment of contributions to the address of the applicant.
- list of real estate or land lease agreement- certificate of home community
Entry in the Register of Insured Farmers
Agricultural activity, as the only or main occupation in terms of the Law on Pension and Disability Insurance, is an activity that a farmer performs with members to provide livelihoods, or whose performance does not create a surplus of products to make a profit on the market.
For entry in the Register, the farmer shall submit the following documentation to the Ministry upon request:
- Photocopy of ID card,
- Proof that the owner is a co-owner, lessee, or concessionaire of agricultural land (real estate certificate),
- A certificate that the applicant is engaged in agriculture as one of the main occupations, issued by the local self-government body responsible for agricultural affairs,
- Certificate of home community or contract for the use of agricultural land,
- Listing of the length of service by ID and personal number issued by the regional unit of the Republic Pension and Disability Insurance Fund.
As for the persons who until 01.01.2004. were obliged to be insured as insured farmers, they are obliged to, if they want to continue this type of insurance, no later than June 30, 2004, apply to the Ministry with a request for entry in the Register of Farmers if they meet the requirements of the Law and Regulations. turn to the Pension and Disability Insurance Fund to continue the insurance.