Any burning sensation or acute discomfort in the stomach or duodenal region needs attention. If the uncomfortable feeling is persistent for a few hours or days and stops the moment you eat, you need expert advice and treatment. But, till then, start home remedies for stomach ulcers!
What is a stomach ulcer?
Ulcers or open sores can develop anywhere in the body. If the ulcerations appear in the stomach lining, they are called stomach, gastric or peptic ulcers. The best way to deal with stomach ulcers is to take Ayurvedic treatment or follow home remedies for stomach ulcers. Ulcerations reduce, and the pain lessens with safe herbal extracts and common spices and herbs found at home.
Does the discomfort start during meals or in the middle of the night? Has it been days since you are in pain? If you answered a “yes” to any of these questions, you may be suffering from stomach ulcers. Now, it is imperative to start home remedies for stomach ulcers to get relief right away!
What are stomach ulcers, and how are they caused?
Acid is present in the stomach, and it can damage the lining and lead to stomach ulcerations. If left untreated, these ulcers can cause acute pain and discomfort. It is important to read about reasons for developing stomach or gastric ulcers:
- Helicobacter pylorus is a bacterium that is the main reason for stomach ulcers
- Excessive painkillers, anti-inflammatory, and non-steroidal medicines mess with the stomach lining.
The only way to treat the ulcerations is to soothe the irritated and split stomach lining and keep the acidity levels under control. Also, stress and excessively fatty or spicy food can agitate the stomach lining further. For this, Ayurveda can come to the rescue!
Home remedies for stomach ulcers
Natural herbs and spices available at home can help the sores and wounds in and around the stomach. In reality, there are plenty of home remedies for stomach ulcers that can relieve gastric ulcerations. People can relieve these symptoms using the following:
1) Honey is a natural sweetener with microbicidal properties that heals wounds, burns, and cuts. This sugar derivative contains antioxidants and flavonoids. Thus, it helps keep the body safe from H. Pylori bacteria by curbing its growth. Moreover, it soothes the ulcers in the stomach lining. People who consume honey daily develop a stronger immunity and fight infections.
2) Probiotics: The most common probiotics in our kitchen are yogurts, fermented foods, and curds. These compounds help replenish good bacteria in the stomach and digestive tract. In fact, these healthy living organisms are good for healing ulcers and keeping the gut healthy. It is not that the probiotics or probiotic supplements kill the infection-causing bacteria, but it accelerates healing and reduces the growth of H.Pylori bacteria present.
3) Ginger: It provides gastro-protective coverage to the gut. Furthermore, it helps treat bloating, acidity, gastritis, and constipation. Not only does ginger control H.Pylori bacteria, but it also helps reduce or prevent the ulcers caused by painkillers.
4) Turmeric: is a yellow-colored spice with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Hence, it is used very commonly in Indian cooking and works its magic on the stomach lining with its curative properties.
5) Colorful or Mediterranean fruits and vegetables: These fruits are a rich source of Flavonoids and are polyphenols that add vibrant color to fruits. Moreover, flavonoids are helpful in digestive issues, diarrhea, and spasmodic pain as a result of ulcerations. Also, it increases stomach mucus and thus does not allow harmful bacteria to grow in the gut.
Selective vegetables and fruits contain flavonoids. They are:
- red grapes
- berries and cherries
- Lemons and oranges
- herbal tea and other teas
As we have already seen, stomach ulcers are due to the growth of the H. pylori bacterium. So, take foods with Flavonoids because they are gastro-protective, and restrain the bacteria from infecting the body. Moreover, these foods can be added to our daily diet or taken as a supplement to protect the stomach lining and aid in the quick healing of ulcers.
6) Plantain bananas: These fruits help reduce acidity and deal with other stomach disorders. In fact, they contain leucocyanidin, a flavonoid that helps heal peptic ulcers.
7) Garlic restricts the growth of H.Pylori bacteria and helps control ulcerations. You may not like the pungent smell or after-taste.
8) Cranberry: is commonly known to many in urinary tract infections. It stops bacteria from growing inside the stomach lining and the bladder. Furthermore, you take the berries directly or as a supplement or juice.
Other very effective natural home remedies for stomach ulcers are chamomile tea, licorice, aloe vera, etc. Meanwhile, make sure you stay away from painkillers and strong medicines. Guard the stomach lining by taking an ayurvedic solution for stomach ulcers and stay away from stomach ulcers.
Shuddhi Ulcer care package for relief
Besides home remedies for stomach ulcers, Ayurveda is a great option. Simply, check out Shuddhi Ayurveda and go for the Shuddhi Ulcer Care package. The herbal extracts in his remedy help improve all kinds of gastric problems. At the same time, these natural products also help boost immunity, reduce acidity and cure ulcers in the stomach. Why take chemical-based treatment when there is an Ayurvedic solution for stomach ulcers available? These natural herbs block excessive stomach acid secretions and pacify stomach ulcers.