QuickBooks is a very advanced tool that helps user fulfill all their accounting needs. With these advancements, it is also prone to many technical issues. There are instances when while opening a company file in QuickBooks, users come across QuickBooks error 6123.
Users encounter the error with a message saying, “We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.” Let us walk you through the entire blog to educate you on the causes and solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error 6123.
QuickBooks error 6123 is an error you can see right after opening the company file. This error will not let you work on the company file, so follow the quick instructions mentioned in this article to eradicate it instantly.
Are you frustrated by encountering QuickBooks error 6123 again and again? Get instant and effective resolution to fix the same from the QuickBooks technical support team. Simply dial +1 800-579-9430 and have words with them
What are the reasons that trigger QuickBooks Desktop error 6123?
Apart from the damaged company file, there are many other factors that lead to error 6123 in QuickBooks. Take a look at a few of them listed below:
- The user has stored a backup company file on an external storage device.
- The folder where QuickBooks company files are stored is damaged or corrupted.
Note :- If you are showing a error message QuickBooks error ps077 on QB desktop screen that means you need to remove this error Quickly. follow these easy step by step troubleshooting guide to fix it easily.
Best Methods to Rectify QuickBooks Company file error 6123
Method 1. Download and install the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version to run File Doctor
- Close the company file open in QuickBooks, quit the program, and download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version from the official Intuit website.
- Once the setup file downloads, save it to your Windows Desktop for easy access and open it to start the installation process.
- Follow the steps you see on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions to install the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your workstation.
- After installing, go to the desktop and open the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon.
- Within the tool hub, choose the Company File Issues tab and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Within the File Doctor, scroll the drop-down and pick your company file. If it is not there, search it on your computer and select Check your file.
- Enter QuickBooks admin details and click Continue to run the tool.
- When the tool repairs the file, close the tool hub and open QuickBooks.
Method 2. Restore the company file from the hard drive to eliminate error 6123
- Connect the external storage device to your computer, copy the backup file and move it to your hard drive.
- To restore the backup, go to the QuickBooks File menu and choose Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Restore a backup copy, then Next and click Local Backup.
- Now, look for the backup company file on your computer with the .qbb extension and choose a folder where you can save the restored file.
- Click the Save button and open a new company file to work.
Through this blog, we tried to brief you on the root causes and solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6123. If you have any doubts or can’t fix the error on your own, contact any of our certified QuickBooks professionals for assistance by giving a call on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430.