Low blood glucose, also called hypoglycemia, occurs when a person’s blood sugar falls below a healthy limit. If the blood glucose falls too low, it might be a risky situation that demands instant treatment. Blood glucose is considered low when it falls under 70 mg/dL. Hypoglycemia most commonly occurs in diabetic people. Using an excess of medicines (particularly, sulfonylureas or insulin), missing out on meals, not consuming enough, or exercising more than normal might give rise to low levels of blood glucose if a person is diabetic. Keep on reading below to get insights on signs, causes, and treatment of dropping blood glucose levels.
What is hypoglycemia?
Hypoglycemia is a health problem where blood sugar levels drop below the normal levels. If left unmanaged, it might bring about certain serious issues such as coma. 1 in every 25 patients experiencing type 1 form of diabetes dies because of this serious hypoglycemia. However, glucose levels may be managed naturally and a person may live a healthy life by adopting Diabetes Reversal Method. Retrieve your health with Breathe Well-being: Natural Diabetes Reversal Program. Breathe Well-being has helped 1000+s diabetics get rid of their medicines and many other complications that diabetes brings in its wake. This program does much more than just reverse diabetes.
Causes of Hypoglycemia
- Low blood sugar is more common in diabetic people. Insulin injections and medications assist in lowering down the levels of blood sugar.
- Consumption of too many doses of medication or insulin lessens the glucose levels and triggers this condition.
- Illnesses such as liver disorder, kidney disorder might also impact blood sugar levels. Thus, it is seen that such diseases might bring about hypoglycemia.
- Other drugs such as antidepressants may also have an effect on blood sugar levels. Also, Quinine, an anti-malarial medicine might also cause hypoglycemia.
- Heavy alcohol intake on an empty stomach might affect the liver. It then has an effect on blood glucose levels.
- Because of disorders in adrenal glands or pituitary glands, it might be found that sugar production is less. And this might cause low blood sugar levels.
After joining this very superb Breathe Well-being’s Diabetes Reversal Program, lots of patients have been able to get rid of their medications or insulin. This program focuses on natural methods of diabetes reversal, they are now diabetes-free and enjoy a happy life.
Signs and symptoms
Signs of hypoglycemia might crop up suddenly. They involve:
- pale skin
- unexplained weakness
- fast heartbeat
- mood swings
- irritation or anxiety
- trouble in sleeping
- skin tingling
- hazy vision
- difficulty in thinking clearly or concentrating
- loss of perception, seizure, or coma
Diagnosis of Hypoglycemia
For diabetes patients:
- Sugar levels must be checked whenever any signs are noticed.
- If the blood sugar reading falls under 70 mg/dL, consume fast-acting carbs.
For non-diabetes patients:
- If a person is non-diabetic but still experience signs of hypoglycemia, discuss with a doctor.
- Blood tests are performed if essential. Blood tests can be checking hormonal levels, glucose levels, and hepatitis.
Hypoglycemia demands swift attention as low blood glucose levels might bring about issues such as convulsions and brain failure. Hence, with proper treatment, the sugar levels are brought to normal via food or medications. Hypoglycemia treatment differs according to the patient’s condition.
- In case of early symptoms of hypoglycemia, it is very important to have 15 grams of fast-acting carbs. Because of these fast-acting carbs, blood sugar levels increase. After 15 minutes, sugar levels are checked again. Have 15 grams of carb again if the sugar levels are still below normal. Have normal meals to maintain the glucose levels in the blood. Some fast-acting carbs include sugar tablets, raisins, one tablespoon honey, or one tablespoon corn.
- In an emergency state, glucagon treatment is given. Glucagon assists to release the stored sugar from the liver into the blood, because of this glucose levels rise quickly. Glucagon 1 mg can be given via IM or SC injection.
If a meal plan is followed or medicines are consumed that enhance insulin to manage low blood glucose levels, it’s vital to stick to the plan as per the recommendation by a healthcare provider to help prevent falling sugar levels. Not having appropriate foods or consuming the right medicines at suitable times might lead to falling glucose levels. Check with a doctor so that they can adjust the treatment plan if and when essential.
There are numerous diabetic patients who have positively reversed their diabetic state by including easy alterations that ensure constant results. Sticking to a healthy routine has assisted them in lowering down or totally getting rid of insulin and other medicines, which looked unbearable before they enrolled in Breathe Well-being’s Diabetes Reversal Approach. With us, be a healthy version of yourself and live a sugar-free life once again.”