Are you frustrated that QuickBooks keeps crashing whenever you try to open or restore the backup of a company file? If the answer to your question is yes, you don’t have to panic anymore. Most often, users might end up with this issue if the company file’s name is too large. However, on the occurrence of this issue, you will be prompted with any one of these error messages stating:-
- QuickBooks has stopped working
- No error (QuickBooks just disappears while working)
- Unrecoverable Error (random codes)
- A problem caused the program to stop working correctly or Windows is trying to find a solution.
Whenever the issue occurs, it freezes the QuickBooks application and interrupts you from proceeding with your ongoing work. And thus it might lose all your unsaved data and you have to reenter it. This comprehensive guide will provide you with a full-fledged tutorial to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Are you tired of implementing the tiresome troubleshooting solution to fix QuickBooks keeps crashing issues? Well, don’t worry and consult with our professionals anytime by dialing the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.
Reasons Why QuickBooks Desktop keeps crashing
Most of the time, when the users might come across QuickBooks Desktop keeps crashing either due to older versions of QB or due to incomplete QB installation. Apart from this, there are numerous other reasons that may prompt this issue, which are listed below:-
- Windows operating systems are either damaged or corrupt.
- If the company file’s name consists of the characters, then actually allowed.
- Sometimes, it may occur due to damaged QuickBooks program files.
Best Working Solutions To Rectify QuickBooks app keeps crashing issue
Once you are aware of the causes that contribute to the arrival of QuickBooks keeps crashing issue moves towards the troubleshooting methods. Here we have listed some of the tried and tested solutions that would help you resolve the issue instantly.
Also Read: How Do i Undo A Reconciliation in QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 1: Repair the damages in QuickBooks Program Files
At times, users might come across QuickBooks keeps crashing due to damaged program files. Therefore, to repair the damaged program files, you must use Quick Fix My Program from the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- To commence with, ensure you have a newly launched QB Tool Hub on your system.
- Double-click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and act accordingly to the on-screen prompts.
- End up the installation task of QB Tool Hub by agreeing on the terms and conditions of the License Agreement.
- Following that, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and click on the Program Problems tab.
- Afterwards, choose the Quick Fix my Program option.
- Finally, you have to wait until the fixing of your QuickBooks Desktop program files is done.
Solution 2:- Retitle the file named QBWUSER.ini
- In the first step, access the directory folder of the QuickBooks application in your system folder(mostly located in C drive).
- Look for the (.ini) extension files from the folder.
- After this, rename the files to QBW.INI.OLD.
- Finally, you must try to open the application again and see if the error resolves.
Need Any Additional Help!!
So, here we have reached the end of the blog and hope that the solutions listed above will help you to fix QuickBooks Keeps Crashing Issues. If still, you are facing any difficulty then feel free to contact our experts by placing a call at the helpline number +1(855)-738-0359.