The QuickBooks script error occurs abruptly while opening the company file. There can be a few possible reasons why the script error arises. The error is usually associated with Internet Explorer and occurs when there are issues connecting with the internet.
When Internet Explorer is unable to execute the scripting languages, the QuickBooks error code 0 pops up. If you are experiencing this error code, follow the steps provided in this article to resolve it effectively.
The QuickBooks script error can occur due to connection issues with your Internet Explorer. If the explorer cannot transcribe the script language, the error pops up. To eliminate the issue, follow this blog.
You can reach out to us at +1 800-579-9430 for technical assistance if you are unable to resolve the error code on your own.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Webpage Error?
The QuickBooks error code 0 can occur due to the following factors –
- The script processing tools or features have been turned off or are inactive.
- The script debugging element is enabled on your device and needs to be turned off.
- A damaged Windows user or Windows OS can also cause the script error.
- The data downloaded online is not in sync with the script software.
- You previously made changes to your computer which were not saved.
You may also read this article :- if you are facing problem when you are opening your company file and you may occur QuickBooks error 6130 then you can click this link and follow these easy step by step troubleshooting to quick resolve this issue.
Terminate the QuickBooks Internet Explorer Script Error Easily
If you are facing the QuickBooks script error, follow the steps provided below to resolve it –
Step 1 – Disable Protected Mode to Add Intuit as a Trusted Website
You need to add Intuit as a trusted site in Internet Explorer to get rid of the QuickBooks webpage error.
- Open Internet Explorer and find the Trusted Sites section under the Security
- Add com as a trusted website and go back to the Trusted Sites window to disable the server verification.
- Unmark the Enable Protected Mode option and exit Internet Explorer to rerun QuickBooks Desktop and check the status of the error.
Step 2 – Edit your Browser Settings and Turn off the Script Error Notification
You need to disable notifications about the script error from your browser settings.
- Find the Tool icon on the top-right corner of your Internet Explorer and select Internet Options.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and uncheck the Display a notification about every script error
- Hit OK to save the modifications and re-access your QuickBooks company file to check if the QuickBooks error code 0 is eliminated.
Step 3. Perform an Internet Explorer Reinstallation for Windows 10
You need to reinstall Internet Explorer on your Windows 10 to rectify the unresponsive script error message.
- From the Windows Start menu, open the Control Panel and go to the Add/Remove Program
- Select the Windows features on or off option and uncheck the Internet Explorer checkbox, followed by turning on the Windows features on or off option again.
- Check the Internet Explorer checkbox and rerun QuickBooks to check the status of the error.
The QuickBooks script error can be effectively resolved by following the solutions provided above. If the error still exists, you can call us at +1 800-579-9430 and get assistance from our support team in fixing the issue.