There are many ways to invest money wisely. But investing in the eternal, inexhaustible resource of the Sun is not only reasonable but also profitable. Solar power plants or solar systems have been a trending product in the renewable energy market for the past couple of decades. Why? The fact is that solar installers can be installed both for personal use in a house like a solar battery or at an enterprise. And for making money on the sale of electricity to the state.
How solar power plants are arranged, the principle of operation and structural features.
The solar power plant consists of solar panels, inverter, switching and mounting.
- Solar panels are the outer part of the power plant, they absorb sunlight.
- The inverter is responsible for the operation of the solar power plant. It turns direct current into alternating current, such as in a socket.
- Switching is a solar power plant’s protection system (fuses, circuit breakers, surge arresters, bidirectional counter).
- The structure on which all equipment is mounted.
So, we start the process of generating electricity:
- A photon of light flies in two layers and transfers the energy of the sun to electrons;
- Electrons move in a circle in layers in one direction, forming a direct current;
- The inverter converts direct current into alternating current.
Photocells of panels of different brands may differ in size and shape. The performance of the panel depends on the total number of cells, and the power of one cell is about 0.5 volts. Most often, the cell sizes are: 80×150 mm, 52×150 mm, 125×125 mm and 156x156mm.
The angle of the solar panels.
Yes, it really affects the performance of solar power plants. We explain why: performance is strongly affecte by the angle of deviation from a straight line in the sun, and how the surface is locateing relative to the cardinal points. Ideal are the orientation to the south and the fall of the rays, which is perpendicular to the plane of the panels. It turns out that the angle at 35–45 degrees is the most optimal level of inclination of the panels during installation.
The principle of operation and structural features.
Let’s start small, because performance is measured by comparison. In order to fully charge two smartphones, the power of twenty-four photocells, that is, 12 volts, is required.
Suppose you have free space on your balcony and a lot of daylight through the windows, and you install a 50W panel. Now there is no need to worry about interruptions in the light and charging of mobile gadgets, because your phones, tablets and laptops are quietly power by “green” energy during daylight hours.
Solar panels and weather conditions.
What to do if the sun has gone behind a cloud? But nothing. In cloudy weather or in diffused light, the solar panels work. But the performance depends on the density of the cloud. The light of the Sun always reaches the surface of our planet, and hence the installed solar power plant. Modern solar panels are built so that they generate as much electricity as possible in any weather. The only obstacle is the night. At night, solar power plants do not produce electricity, since there is no light at all.
How to choose solar panels.
Four factors to consider when choosing solar panels.
- You should not consider panels from manufacturers that give a guarantee of only a couple of years or do not give it at all. The warranty will be required at the time a warranty failure occurs.
- This value indicates how much solar energy that hits the panels will be converted into electrical current inside the module. The difference in efficiency between polycrystalline and single-crystal models is small. If the space for installing a solar power plant is limiting, it is worth paying attention to the fact that with the help of panels with high efficiency, you can reduce the area that is needing for installation.
- Permissible error of rated power. Pay attention to this parameter, since it determines how much the real power may differ from the power indicated in the documents. Again, Tier 1 category panels show minimal error from data sheet data.
- Temperature coefficient. This indicator indicates how the generated power can decrease when the temperature rises by one degree. Good quality panels have a temperature coefficient of -0.4% per 1°C.
When buying products of a particular company, you get detailing wiring diagrams and instructions, and you can install uninterruptible power supplies and solar panels with your own hands․ But if you do not want to deal with the installation and configuration of systems or have never done this before, then entrust this work to professionals.
Specialists go to the site and carry out installation and commissioning of equipment in a short time. On average, installation of a solar power plant takes from one to four days, depending on the complexity of the system, and an uninterruptible power supply is installing within one to two days.
In conclusion, it says that the planet Earth receives the main benefit from the use of solar panels․ Since solar energy is a completely renewable․ Environmentally friendly source of energy and does not cause any harm to the environment. And if you have thought about the ratio of population growth and the number of natural resources․ Then you certainly understand the contribution of solar energy to the preservation of life on the planet.