Due to the size and scope of coronavirus quarantine zones, food suppliers are required to automate their food supply chains to streamline their daily operations and reduce the spread of pandemic viruses. At the current stage of coronavirus quarantine, many distribution companies are actively requesting the use of automated systems. This allows food distribution companies, take-out restaurants and grocery stores to operate safely and reliably.
Tips for Increase Potential for Food Delivery
- Automation developed for food distribution applications has unlimited potential to speed up workflows and increase efficiency. Meanwhile, in serverless restaurants, self-service systems can reduce the time it takes to place an order, streamline restaurant operations, reduce labour costs and eliminate human error.
- Food delivery services, such as Food Panda, are growing in popularity. DoorDash, Uber Eats and Postmates, which can offer more dining and meal options, has seen market sales increase by 204 per cent over the past five years. For food businesses, reaching customers has never been easier.
- Most restaurant operators prefer White-label platforms and apps because they save costs, time and effort. With on-demand white label apps with powerful features, users can order directly, and customers can easily track their orders.
- With an on-demand white label application, you can manage all orders and customize menus with a few clicks. A white label solution is a right choice for developing and launching a delivery app.
Benefits of Restaurant Automation
- During this time, restaurant operators have successfully adopted new technologies. Some forward-thinking restaurateurs have invested heavily in kitchen automation and have reaped significant benefits.
- However, others are still debating the benefits of new technologies such as smart kitchens and food processors. Here are some of the benefits of advanced automation in restaurants.
Convenience and accessibility
- Today’s millennials live quickly and don’t have time to prepare meals. They want convenient options that save them time by putting a cooked meal on the table without cooking or going to a restaurant. Therefore, meal order has become necessary for the working class, especially in urban areas.
- On-demand meal delivery apps are a convenient way for customers to order meals. They have access to many restaurants and can choose dishes from the menus according to their preferences. Ordering food via on-demand meal delivery apps offers ordering convenience, food package tracking, on-time delivery and flexible payment options.
Enhanced customer experience
Automation can make the overall customer experience more efficient and enjoyable. Automated systems can often get the job done faster and with fewer errors than humans.
No one likes repetitive, time-consuming tasks, but automated systems excel at them. In restaurants, staff have more time to focus on what they like best – the customer – and are freed from tedious, repetitive tasks.
Increased accuracy and compliance
Automated processes can link POS, inventory control, accounting and video. Now, it improves the accuracy of restaurant reporting and reduces problems such as errors and theft.
Increased profit margins
If automation increases restaurant efficiency and improves customer experience, you should expect more checks, tables, and profits.
Restaurant automation improves efficiency and profitability.
A common misconception about restaurant automation is that a fully automated kitchen is necessary.
Roga Benton is a qualified food industry at food Line, Canada. She had graduated from the University of Cambridge. She is well experienced in gluten free apple pie and has an impressive portfolio in the food industry and serving international clients.